Firstly, our PCC certificates are backed by A rated Lloyds syndicates.
Secondly, if our ABC+ Warranty insurer was to become insolvent, you have additional protection in place as we issue at no extra cost to yourself our 6 Year PCC.
No other provider in the UK provides this additional protection for home owners or their mortgage lenders
Yes of course; especially for the larger residential development companies.
However, please don’t pay for more than you need and, ask yourself, do I really want to deal with the NHBC? Our 10 year Warranty ABC+ provides a more comprehensive level of cover for much lower premiums than the NHBC.
OK. No problem, but don’t forget you’re welcome speak to our award winning team directly on 0161 928 8804 during normal office hours. Alternatively, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org This is our system:
Once we have fully understood your requirements and agreed the fee, we would request a single copy of all of the following:
· Planning and building permissions with any conditions
· Ground condition survey
· Any structural calculations you may have
· Any other relevant technical data
· Your intended start date (e.g. when you surface strip the site)
· Building regulation approval and your working drawings.
· We will then check your technical details for compliance
· If everything is in order, we will invoice you for the fee or agree a payment plan, register the scheme and arrange the first site inspection
· During the build period we will continue with each inspection usually at the stages of excavation of ground and site preparation, DPC, completed shell prior to plaster and finally completion. Following each stage inspection, we will issue a written report to you alerting you to any problems, builders snagging and so on. At each stage, if asked to do so, we can contact your bank and authorise your draw-down of project funds
· You then finish the project and obtain a Building Regulation Completion certificate, a copy of which you send to us
· We make one final check of the project and tick all of the boxes we need ticking and issue you with any final snagging list.
· We then issue you with a Professional Consultant’s Certificate.
· If you have opted for our ABC+ system, the surveys are identical and we are able to issue our 10 year Structural Warranty Certificate in addition to our PCC service.
· This is a seamless process and we act on your behalf to liaise with your solicitor, bank or building society.
· For extra peace of mind, we can arrange either a 6, 10 or 12 year Insurance Backed Guarantee for any specialist works such as basement tanking, flat roof areas and so on.
· Once a firm order is placed with us our services are immediate, we don’t keep you waiting. If you use the NHBC or other similar warranty providers they’ll most likely want time to check all of the technical details before you start and if you’ve already commenced on site they won’t be interested in going forward. They might even ask for a large security bond up front and most likely ask for some membership fees. We understand the needs of developers and self-builders so our services are immediate and effective.
· Our Trading Standards Consumer Code: When appointing our services, ALL Developers agree to abide by our standards set out within our ABC+ Code for New & Newly Converted Property Sales. A copy of our Consumer Code will be made available to you upon your request but also at our quotation stage as a standard requirement. Our Consumer Code applies to Developers only (not to self builders) and when appointing us for our ABC+ 10 or 12 Year Structural Warranty service only and not for our PCC service.
· We are the market leaders for this system and have been established longer than any other similar service provider. Since 1989 our Technical Director and our time-served surveyors have witnessed first-hand the problems and pitfalls of self-build and have the years of experience you can call upon.
Our surveyors hold at least one of the following qualifications.